Audrey did so good at the race. We had a little funny, but slightly scary, incident on the way to the starting line. I had brought along Audrey's big stroller for this event because I knew we would be carrying a lot of stuff. We loaded the stroller with everything and put Audrey in her seat. It's so big, has a tray/cupholder, and comes up high on the sides, I didn't think it was quite necessary to buckle her in at this point. I knew we would be getting her out for pics and such, so I said not to buckle her in. I do not use this stroller very much, but I thought there was something plastic that connected the tray to the seat itself - where her legs would go through and be separated. (i.e. - something that would keep her from falling out of the stroller!) My mom, being the one who is extremely cautious and safety-minded when it comes to Audrey, said we should at least put her arms through the straps. We are walking on a sidewalk toward the starting point, and we notice that Audrey is getting shorter and shorter. She is looking up at us by this point and is very confused. We also had blankets on her because it was so cold. We realize that she was about to come out of the stroller! I hope I am explaining this clearly because if you would have seen what we did, it was so hard not to laugh. Her little arms were still in the straps, which is probably what kept her in the seat. Granted, she probably would not have been hurt. She had so much padding on her body and her head plus blankets - I don't think it would have been a traumatic event. BUT, still. She almost fell out of her stroller thanks to Mommy. In my defense, I had no idea a baby could just slide right out without being buckled. Hello, why don't they make stroller seats like shopping carts at grocery stores?? Duh. There should totally be something right there in case they were to get unbuckled. Anyway. ;)
On our way to the doctor, she had found my check book and a pen. Needless to say, she had to have those two items for our trip. :)
Audrey is officially a walker these days!! I am still surprised when I hear footsteps walking around rather than my little crawler. Wow how it goes by fast! She is such a big girl.
Audrey loves playing with our cat, Chuck. Fortunately, he has gotten used to her grabbing his tail, ears, face, etc. He has finally quit running away from her. ;) It is so funny watching them play together. I recorded this really cute video of them playing together, but I cannot get it to load. I am not sure why I have trouble loading videos sometimes. Disappointing. Oh well, here are some pictures.
After we are done running, we usually go swing. She loves to swing!!
Andrew has loved having the extra building in the back to have his own shop. Audrey also loves "helping" her daddy. She likes her toy hammer.
We are still hanging things up at the house, including Audrey's room. Audrey made a nice little mess the other evening while we were hanging up her curtain rod.
Audrey has found a new love for the cellular phone. Just this week she has discovered how to open our phones. This also means she has had the opportunity to make phone calls as well. Andrew and I both have speed dial, so all it takes is her pressing 2 buttons to make a call. She also managed to pull up my recent calls and call a client from Hawaii. :/ Luckily it only rang one time, that I could tell anyway, so maybe it didn't process. (?) Either way, I never heard from the lady.
Audrey and I also enjoyed our park date with Ashley and Aniston this week. Those little girls are so cute! It is going to be so fun when they are both old enough to interact and play with each other. :) Audrey was more interested in taking Aniston's paci or her hair bow rather than playing with her. Aniston didn't seem to mind. ;)
Ok last of the pics...had to post some from today. :)
While we were playing outside, Audrey started copying me and Andrew as we said, "kitty cat". Of course her version is not as clear as ours, but she is definitely saying "kitty cat" now. Oh it is just the cutest little thing! Her little personality is growing everyday. Maybe all 14 month old kids are like this, but she is very persistent, vocal, energetic, and loves to eat food. She has a very quick temper, and will scream at the top of her lungs until she gets what she wants. Sometimes it is very hard not to laugh - well, most of the time I still do; however, sometimes I also have a hard time from pulling my hair out. She is a mess.
Good night, Little Girl. Mommy loves you. Always.

No comments:
Post a Comment