Friday, April 6, 2012

19-Month-Old Little Monkey

Oh little Miss Audrey...she just melts my heart! She is funnier, cuter, sweeter, and definitely smarter with each passing day. There are so many new things she is doing these days. The pictures posted below start as earlier as the first week of March. The hot weather came really early this year. I am so thankful, too, because Audrey has not been sick since the beginning of February. I really think this warmer weather has helped her stay healthy. Audrey gets to play outside a lot with this great weather. However,  I will complain that we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer. This week temperatures reached 90 degrees, and possibly higher - very hot for end of March/ beginning of April. 

Her English vocabulary consists of the following words:
Mama
Da
Bob (Bob the Builder)
Ball 
Num num (Yum yum)
No
Hi 
Bye
Meow
Ruff ruff (Barking)

The words she says the best are "ball" and "Mama". Those are her clearest words that she says. I laugh at the way she says "ball" because sometimes it sounds like she has a Long Island accent. ;-P

Audrey is very affectionate and loving when she wants to be. Many nights a week when I am putting her to bed, she will grab my face and kiss me. She also loves blowing kisses as we leave her room for bedtime. She also knows what "hug" means, and will hug back every now and then. She has to be in the mood - she is usually too busy for hugs and kisses! If you tell her to love on her stuffed animals, she will hug them really tight and give them kisses. She also likes it when we love on her animals. Her two favorites are Fluffy (bunny) and Slush (Husky dog). She picked out Slush for Valentine's Day this year and has been so attached to him every since. Slush is a TY stuffed animal, so he was pre-named. :) We can say, "Where is Slush? or Where is Fluffy?" and she will immediately go and get them for you. She is so smart!

She can meow and bark for you when you ask her what a kitty cat says or what a dog says. It is so funny! She is very good at her animal noises. :)

I have to blog this, although I am sure this will not be a moment Audrey will be proud of when she is older. (Although all kids do this at some point!) One Wednesday night while we were at church, my mom was babysitting and gave her a bath. Audrey all of the sudden pooped in the tub! That was a first for her. My poor mom! I hate I missed it, but then again - I'm really not! Teeehe. :)


This was one of the first warmer afternoons we played outside this year. She loves to color!



It got so hot, that I had to change her clothes.
Yay for sidewalk chalk!
Audrey loves her "recliner" and she also absolutely loves to watch TV. I think she could watch the Sprout channel all day. Couch potato!
Here she is playing outside with her Daddy. We all have so much fun together.




Another one of Audrey's favorite things is popsicles. As she would say, "Num num!!".

On this particular day, Audrey got her first manicure. She did so good too! Mrs. Carol from church offered to give her a manicure, so of course we were not going to turn down the offer. :) I have been wanting to paint her nails, but I didn't think she would stay still enough. She did at Mrs. Carol's spa. I think it is because she was in a new place. She is very shy in new places.
Since she did so good with the manicure, I decided to try her toenails one day after she woke up from her nap. She is very calm and snuggly when she wakes up from her nap. She did very good!


She loves riding in the wheel barrel!


One thing Audrey has learned to do is CLIMB! Literally over night she figured out how to climb onto things.






And here is my little spaghetti-loving child. As I'm sure I have said before, spaghetti is definitely her favorite meal. She can stick all five fingers in her mouth until you cannot see her knuckles. She was having so much fun that she would rub her hands all over her face and laugh. Sooooo funny!

More popsicles...

Lounging with Daddy. I love that little face!
                                                  

 Ahem, here is the little stinker drawing on my steering wheel with a SHARPIE!! She absolutely love, love, loves to play in our vehicles. I don't know why it is so much fun for her, but we spend many days playing in the car. I happened to have a Sharpie in my console, and she quickly went to drawing. I turned my head for five seconds, and look what happens!! ;) Not too worry, Magic Eraser got almost all of it up. Glad my car is not new!

 Playing at the park. :)





 Trying to put on my running shoes...



Big announcement!!! Audrey is now facing forward in her carseat!!! I know, we are behind the times, but her pediatrician recommended that we try and wait until she is 2 before we turn her around. It is not a law (yet) in Alabama, but probably will be eventually. There are two big problems with this - 1) she is quickly running out of leg room. Although she never seemed unhappy about facing backwards, she couldn't even straighten her legs. 2) She gets SOOO hot in the back seat facing backwards now that the weather is much warmer. Last summer was so miserable. It is hard to get air ventilation in the back seat. Maybe if I drove a mini-van she would have some air blowing on her, but I don't, so we finally agreed to turn her around. She loves it! (That is Slush with her in the pictures.)






Here is Audrey at my mom's house playing with the animals. She loves cats! She tolerates Rusty (the dog), but really loves the cats. I wonder where she gets that from????? ;) (ha ha).



 And, lastly, a pic from tonight at bath time. She is one cute little silly chicken.
Audrey makes the world a better and brighter place. There is nothing like a smile from this little girl. We are ruined forever. :-) Tonight Andrew and I just sat and watched videos of her. We miss her when she goes to bed. She is so wonderful!!

Love you, Chicken!!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and full of life! She looks like such a big girl in her car seat. :)

    ReplyDelete