Lots to update! I feel like it has been forever since I last blogged. Let's start with Halloween...
To start our Halloween festivities, we went to my parents' church and did a "Trunk or Treat" on the Saturday before Halloween. (First of all, let me note that Audrey would not wear her pumpkin costume without being bribed with a Snickers bar.) It was FREEZING. As you can see in the pictures, Audrey refused to wear her coat. Ha. We still had a lot of fun. Audrey would be so amazed every time someone put candy in her bucket. I tried to catch her face in some of the pictures, but it still kind of hard to see. So cute.
Audrey and Mimi
Whoa!!
Then on Halloween night, we went to our church for a fall festival.
Audrey with Nana and Uncle Elliott
Cutest pumpkin ever!!!
Audrey LOVED the jumping thing. I do not know what you call it. Either way, she loved it. I thought she would be scared, but not at all!
Enjoying some candy...
Audrey with her Poppie
More jumping...
She also loved digging in the big cooler of candy. She thought that was awesome that you could just get out as much candy as you wanted. Bless her, if she only knew me and her Daddy would get most of that candy. ;)
Fun!!
We went to a Super Hero birthday party a couple of weeks ago for Rhett who turned 5. Thankfully, his party was the weekend after Halloween when everything is super on sale. I went to Target to try and find Audrey a super hero t-shirt because you were supposed to dress up for this party. Everything was $10-15 and I thought that was dumb to pay since we would probably not be wearing it very often. I decided to check out the Halloween costumes and what do you know...I found "Thor" in her size for $5!!! I was so excited. I can sell that and probably make money on it next year. Now, as you can see, she wasn't thrilled about Thor's hat. I had to bribe her with chocolate to take her picture in full suit. Otherwise, Thor went to the party sporting "his" beautiful red hair bow. Teehee.
A few weeks ago I took the Registered Tax Return Preparer test, which I passed! Whoo hoo! I am so, so tired of studying. I do not know how people go back to school when married with kids. It was hard enough just making time to study for one test. But thankfully, I am now a Registered Tax Return Preparer. Whoop. January will be here before we know it.
Audrey and I survived the stomach virus this past weekend. She started throwing up on Friday - first time being in the car, by the way - and I started getting sick on Saturday morning. After we got sick a few times, we slept for almost 24 hours straight. I guess the virus just took away any energy we had left and put us into a coma.
I found Audrey in the floor Friday afternoon around 4:30 asleep. Bless her, she did so good to stay near her towel. I didn't even have to tell her. It's like she knew to throw up on it. Thankfully, she didn't throw up any more and was passed out asleep until pretty much lunch the next day.
I was really bummed about getting sick (of course) but mainly because I missed my 10K race Saturday morning. It is my favorite race so far that I have run. It is so pretty, the weather is usually great this time of year for running, and it's completely flat. I guess maybe next year, huh?
Audrey really enjoys helping me cook. I try to let her "help" whenever I can. Today we made us a little treat - Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow. Oh my, it is so good! If you have ever had regular Puppy Chow made with peanut butter and chocolate, this is made with Biscoff spread, white baking chips, and pumpkin pie spice. Really, really good. It is a little rich, though.
My little baker.
Here is a picture of our nightly routine with Audrey. We read books before bedtime. I thought it was so sweet, and had to get a picture of her with her daddy.
Our last playdate with Ashley and Aniston was super fun (as always), but this particular day was the first time the girls truly "played" together. They sat together in the recliner, ran up and down the hallway holding hands, shared toys, and gave each other hugs. They were just the sweetest.
Also since I last blogged, I completely re-did my bedroom furniture. Meaning, I sanded it down to the bare wood, painted it, sanded and distressed it, stained it, and replaced the hardware. It is two bedside tables and a large dresser with a mirror. Andrew has not finished installing the hardware or put the mirror back on the dresser, so I do not have "after" pics yet to show you. I will save that for it's own blog. I am so, so excited! It looks great. This picture below explains Audrey "helping". No, my furniture is not pink, but she had to paint too.This lasted all of five minutes. Oh well. Stinker!
Audrey is really doing well with her letters. She can say and point to the letters a, e, i, o, u, t, p, and l. There are probably more, but these are the ones we have noticed so far. She can also say and point to the number 2. I can ask her how old she is, and she will (sometimes) say, "I - yuh - 2!". She doesn't always feel like to showing off her "tricks". She also really likes saying, "Boo!". We have been "booing" Auburn around our house lately. Ha. I am hoping I can get her to do it for my dad. He will be thrilled. She also can sing the tune to "Barney" and her "ABCs". She doesn't actually sing words, but she hums the tune and you could understand which song she is singing. It is so sweet.
I am really excited for the Thanksgiving festivities to begin this week! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. More blogs to come soon of our holiday fun!
Love you, pumpkin. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment