Continuing from my first post, Audrey had her share of "firsts" yesterday. Well I guess it really started two days ago. She has started saying syllables! I was baking brownies and she was playing with her little doll, Sarah, in her high chair. She was getting fussy because it was time for her afternoon nap. I turned around and started making her bottle, and all of the sudden she bursts into, "Meh meh meh meh mehhhhh!!!!" Not quite, "Ma - Ma", but it's a start, huh? I was tickled. When she is ready to go to bed, she means business. Otherwise, you will get the puckering of the bottom lip following by frequent squealing outbursts. Very cute.
That night, Audrey woke up around 2:20am just babbling away in her own little language. If she ever does cry out in the night or start talking, she will usually just go back to sleep. I rarely have to get up with her. But when I awoke to her talking, I couldn't go back to sleep. WIDE AWAKE. So I decided to help her out a little bit and make her a little "snack", aka 2 oz bottle. I got her out of her swaddle blanket, changed her diaper, and tried to wrap her back up but she began to cry. Her cry was very different sounding than normal. She started with "Deh deh dehhhhhh, Deh deh dehhhhhh". Well then, let's go wake up Daddy! Might as well, huh? One big family party at 2:30am! I told Andrew about her cries "for him" and enough was said. He was up and cuddling her. In his perfect world, she would sleep right in the middle of us all night long. They played for a few minutes, and we decided she was ready to go back to sleep. And she was. She ate her snack, I laid her down, and she just looked and smiled at me. Night night, little girl. And that was that. [Sigh] She is so amazing.
Side note - So I guess we got Audrey's version of "Ma ma" and Da da" in one day? Needless to say, we are excited :)
Yesterday, I attempted rice cereal at lunch again. She hasn't been doing as well with eating her rice cereal. I started to feel as if it were pointless right now because she won't swallow it. After talking with one of my "more advanced" new-mommy friends, she gave me some advice and we were at it again. And thankfully, she responded well. Audrey is much more interested in playing with the spoon than eating the mush. So that is what I let her do. Play! Maybe this will make eating more fun for her if she can play in it too. :) (Thanks, Kimberly!) After her rice cereal meal, she started in again with her babbling. This time it was, "Da da da da da da"......and on and on she went. Yay! I was so excited. Too bad Andrew missed both moments. However, that is all she says now and he got in on the excitement last night. So fun :)
And for her last "first" of the day. She had her first baby food feeding last night! I get extremely excited with all of these milestones. (Can you tell??) We gave her pears. (It was the only baby food that was stage 1 that I could find in the store that was organic). And she liked it! Her initial face was hilarious. She looked as if we just fed her mud or something. But she got the hang of the pears, and ate over half of the jar. Such a big girl!
She is growing and changing so much. I love every minute. She will be 6 months on Sunday. So hard to believe! Her 6 month pictures are also on Sunday, so I will share those as soon as they are available. Looking forward to seeing Tera and Wes! (Her photogs)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Yea!!! Go Audrey Go! What a big girl and what a great mommy! Good job Anna Laura. I love keeping up with you this way. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks girl!
ReplyDeleteAwwww,so sweet,she's precious:)
ReplyDelete