Friday, April 22, 2011

Updates and Advice

Lots to blog!


No more toothless grin for this little girl. Miss Audrey officially has her first tooth! So proud for her! We found it on April 14th. It is the left bottom front. But please, Germ-A-Phobe speaking, do not stick your fingers in her mouth to try and see it. ;) When she smiles, you can see it plain as day. It is extremely cute! If I had a good picture, I would post. It is hard to see in pics. What is also so neat is that Audrey's little boyfriend, Lance, is also getting his first tooth! He is three weeks younger than Audrey. (Side note, Andrew and Davey -the dads- will not like me and Tara -the moms- calling Lance and Audrey "b/f and g/f". Hehe, but we think it's funny.And cute!) They are also getting the same first tooth as well. Love it!

Tara and Lance came to visit us last Sunday. We had soooo much fun! We have seen them when Lance was 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, and now 7 months. They live 5 hours away, so unfortunately we do not get to see them very often. But we love it when they come to visit! It is so neat to see them interact together and watch them grow together. It is also fun since Audrey and Lance are doing so many of the same things at the same time. Here is some pictures from their visit last week.

 Learning to "share".
 Audrey liked pulling Lance's ears!
 Hmmm...not sure about this one! PDA!! hahahaha. :)

While they visited, we all went to see Ashley and Aniston. Aniston is a little over 2 weeks old now. Cute as a button too!! We did not get pictures of the three of them, but the last 2 pictures are Lance and Audrey playing at Aniston's house. Aniston had her a little tummy ache and wasn't up for much playing. ;)

Audrey has discovered that her voice can get really loud. REALLY loud! She loves screaming now. I am learning her "not-so-happy" screams and her "happy" screams. She talks and talks and talks....Lots to say from this little one!

Good news! Audrey FINALLY likes baby food!! Hooray! It only took ten weeks of trying! This week I decided to try plain baby food. Success! She now eats an entire jar of fruit in the morning and a vegetable at night. I will start making my own baby food now that she likes it. I hated to go to all the work and it go in the trash. So proud of her!

Today we had a fun afternoon with Mimi and Aunt Bethany! Aunt Kitty (Celia) had to work, but we will see her tomorrow. We all laid-out and got some sun. My legs look like lobsters though. For some reason I didn't think I needed sunscreen on my legs. Oopsie! : /. Bethany and I debated on where to send Audrey to Kindergarten. I will not post the details, but let's just say it was very entertaining to hear Bethany get so worked up by my comments. hehehe. My dad would have especially this particular conversation. We came to a conclusion, but we will just see what happens 5 years from now! By the way, shout out to Bailey! Here is a pic just for you. :)


Ok, now I need advice.
Audrey went from being swaddled, to her sleep sac. This is a sleep sac:
This week it seems like Audrey has become extra strong! She is making about a 5 foot radius around her little play area. She does this belly wiggle move to get where she wants to go. Very slow, but she is starting to become mobile. She also rolls a little bit, but not just a whole lot. Beginning Monday, she has starting rolling in her crib. Sleep sac or not, she will roll onto her belly. It seems like most babies I know have no trouble sleeping on their bellies. Well, Audrey does. She screams and cries. This is way worse than breaking her of her swaddling blanket. Her cries are extremely loud, snot, tears, the whole nine yards. And she doesn't quit crying. Oh it absolutely breaks my heart. I have not been strong this week. I constantly go in there and roll her back over, hold her, soothe her, whatever I need to do to make her happy. Those big alligator tear drops just get to me. I can hear the frustration in her crying. I just want to make it better. Eventually she will become tired enough that she will fall asleep. But usually it is after I have rolled her onto her back for the fourth time or so. Do I let her cry it out? That is all I know to do. But it has been extra hard. Did any of you mommies out there have trouble getting your babies to sleep on their bellies? Audrey hates it. Do I just let her cry until she learns how to sleep that way? I do not know what else to do. We do not have any trouble at night, however. She will go right to sleep, in her sleep sac, at night. (On her back.) It is nap time that I am having trouble with. Ideas welcome! This mommy needs some help!

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I am excited about Audrey's first Easter. The little bunny in the pics below is her first stuffed animal she ever received. I bought it for her last Easter when I was pregnant. (Aunt Steph, you were with me! Remember? Pancakes and french fries, hehe!) Now Audrey gets to play with it. :) She is so sweet.


We are going to eat lots of Easter candy and enjoy this great weather! So glad Aunt Bethany is home for Easter this year. It's been a few years since she's been home for Easter. So excited!

Love you, Little Girl.You are so special. Mommy loves you. Always.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Anna Laura! I've enjoyed dropping by here a few times. Looks like you're enjoying motherhood~it's wonderful, isn't it? Challenging, but wonderful:)
    My kiddos both had sleep sacs and did really well with them. And I can remember them not liking *tummy time* at all, at least not at first. I didn't have this exact sleep problem, but the general problem of learning to let them cry things out is one every parent goes through. It's not fun, but it's so necessary. I remember one of the best things I did for my children's sleep habits was to read a book a friend gave me called *Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby*. Here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0449004023
    It has the most amazing advice that really made sense and worked very well for us. However you get it worked out (and you will...eventually:) I hope it's soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lora! I am getting that book! Oh thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another suggestion would be to let Audrey "practice" her tummy time before she takes her nap during her play time. That way she is not getting into that precious nap time and she is also learning how to fix the belly problem on her own. Just a thought. She will get it, it will just take some time. Love you,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete