As promised, I am posting pics of the newest bundle of joy this week. Miss Aniston Pate was born this past Wednesday, April 6th, at 9:25pm. She weighed 7lbs. 9oz. and was 23in long.
She is absolutely beautiful!!! I am her new proud "aunt". Since it will probably be a while before I am able to enjoy my future nieces and nephews, I am claiming Aniston as my niece and she will call me "Aunt La La". For some time now, I have wondered what my nieces and nephews would call me. "Aunt Anna Laura" is quite the mouth-ful, and "Aunt Anna" doesn't sound right. Neither does "Aunt AL". So I came up with Aunt La La for all future nieces and nephews. Now, I guess they will call me what they please, but I figured this was easy enough.
I know Audrey was so thrilled to finally meet Aniston! ;) (Maybe it's more of Audrey's mama that was so thrilled to finally meet Aniston, hehe.) Either way, their first bff meeting was pretty special. I had to contain Audrey's arms from getting too close to Aniston or else Aniston would have received her first black eye....and possibly a stomach punch or two. One day Aniston can pull her hair if need be.
The picture above is their very first picture together. They are going to be good buddies! Audrey did good with me holding Aniston. I did not sense any jealousy.
Aniston got to leave the hospital and go to her house on Saturday afternoon. We are probably going to see her tomorrow. I am so excited!!! (And of course Audrey is too ;) She says she will share her picnic toys as long as she can eat the grilled cheese sandwich.
Here is us four girls! Lots of good times to come! Ashley did wonderful and looked beautiful! She had her hair all fixed, the make-up on, and you couldn't even tell she had a baby. I was impressed...it took me a few days before I had the energy to wash my hair!! ( I took showers, lol, just didn't wash my hair for a couple days after!)
More to post later about Audrey. She is so much fun. The older she gets, the more fun it is. I am just beside myself :). I'm doing what I love and what I am called to do. There is a lot to be said for that. What a blessing!!
Love you, Little Girl, and your new little friend too. Sleep well tonight. Mommy loves you. Always.


No comments:
Post a Comment