6.27.11 - 10 months old! This "birthday" was bittersweet for me. I am usually really excited for a new month of Audrey's life. I love to watch her change and grow. However, this time I was a little sad because she is growing up so fast. As she grows another month older, she becomes more fun, more curious, and a little more of her spunky personality develops. What an amazing gift to be the mother of this child. :)
Pictures from her 10 Month Birthday:
Playing with her Daddy's teddy bear from when he was little.
She was tired of getting her picture made. :)
"Ok, Mom, that's enough!" ;)
My sweet little princess! She is so much fun. She has started saying the "b" sound a lot lately. If she would do it at the right timing, she sounds like she is saying "bye-bye" in a southern accent. Audrey started this week holding her bottle by herself. She won't do it every feeding, only if she feels like it. Audrey is also very good at eating the big "Puffs". She LOVES those things. They also keep her quiet when we are trying to eat dinner and she is cranky. ;)
I am getting a pretty good stock pile made of home made baby food. Wow, making baby food is a lot harder than I thought it would be! Very time consuming. I even purchased the "Baby Bullet", as seen on tv. It works great, but you definitely do not make a week's worth of baby food in 5 minutes, as it advertises. Of course I really didn't believe that, but it is a great product. It is fun seeing her eat new foods though. So far she has eaten everything I have made. I hope she stays this way...fingers crossed! My kids are pretty much doomed with the "picky-eater gene". I always thought I would marry someone who liked all foods so that I would have to cook them and learn to like them too. Not the case, in fact I would say Andrew is worse than me. So our kids...well, we will see what kind of eaters they will turn out to be. Audrey is doing excellent at this point. But I will say, I she is definitely a "textures" eater. It has to be the right texture, and that is so "me" too.
Yesterday we gave Audrey a popsicle for the first time. She loved it! Andrew shared it with her, but she did not like sharing at all. He ended up eating most of the popsicle, and we he finished it she started crying. It was hilarious. I have it on video but I cannot get it to upload for some reason. Today they shared another popsicle and she did not mind as much sharing with him. When it was gone though, she cried again! Oh me, so funny. Andrew felt really bad. I don't know if he will be doing that again anytime soon!
This is the first popsicle event:
Today Audrey started clapping for the first time. She didn't necessarily do it out of excitement, she just started putting her hands together. She did it several times today and I would always join in and praise her. It is so cute!
First Fourth of July:
We went to the park with our good friends, Zach and Erica Standridge and their three little kiddos.
Audrey and Haniyah
We woke up on July 4 and Audrey helped me organize some of my clothes. She had a blast crawling through everything. She was a big help too! ;)
Lunch at Poppie and Nana's. Audrey loves her yellow duck. You will see it in a several pictures!
I spent the afternoon by the pool while Little Miss slept. Great day!
I think all of the fireworks finally got to Audrey. She just woke up with this pitiful little cry. I hope it ends soon! I gave her a treat (her bottle) and put her back to bed. Not another peep. :) Sweet thing.
Oh yes, and other important news! Audrey officially has four teeth now! I will probably update every time she gets a tooth, but who cares? ;P Here she is the morning we discovered her fourth tooth. It was rather difficult getting a good picture, but I finally did.
I wish my popsicle video would upload. I will try again in the next post. Oh well!
Happy July 4th! No fireworks for us this year. Enjoyed being home tonight and being lazy. Back to normal tomorrow!
Night night, Little Girl. Mommy loves you. Always.
No comments:
Post a Comment