Her first treat of the day began with going to the Donut Shoppe. She was able to try her very first donut! The first bite she took she immediately spit out. I do not think she liked the texture of the flaky sugar...plus, she hasn't had too many sweets. Below, her Daddy is trying to get her to eat his chocolate donut. She was not impressed. ;P
Attempting again to eat the donut. She never did really care for it. Daddy and Audrey at the Donut Shoppe.
Mommy and Audrey at the Donut Shoppe. Yes, we dressed as twins. :) hehe. Andrew was slightly jealous he didn't have a purple shirt to match us too.
After, we went to Mimi and Papa J's house to help set up for the party. We decided to have her party on their back porch. I really wanted to do it all outside, but it was just too hot.
This was Audrey's grand spot where she would open her gifts and eat her cake. We decided to have a yellow-themed party with accents of pink. LOVE the yellow!
We went home to get ready for the party and let Audrey take her nap. I am not sure if I have mentioned this yet, but she is only taking 1 nap a day now. She usually goes down around 11 or 11:30 and sleeps around an hour and a half or so. She has finally transitioned out of the 2 naps a day to 1. We also had a very successful week without the bottle. I don't think she has even missed the bottle. I bought a transition sippy cup to help wean her. She has done great! I dread the day when I have to quit giving her the sippy cup to go to sleep.
It's time to party! Lots of pictures......
Opening presents...
Whew! I'm pooped!! Getting ready for the cake!
She got a little choked on the bite of cake I put in her mouth. Oops!
Having fun playing with the icing. She did not care too much about eating the cake. I guess she has not developed her "sweet tooth" just yet!
The next day we let Audrey open her presents from Mommy and Daddy. She was ready for bed by the time we got home from her party.
Andrew picked out a Ferrari Hot Wheels car for Audrey. She loves to crawl around with little toys in her hand.
We also got her a "walking" toy. She is standing up very well on her own, but hasn't taken the plunge and started walking. She does well the toy. I think she will be walking at any time now!
I got Audrey a baby doll that has blonde hair and blue eyes just like her. She decided to name it "Audrey" also. ;)
One of Audrey's most favorite things is chapstick. Those of you who know me very well know that I am addicted to chapstick. I think it is cute that she likes it too....just not for the same reasons! Haha. Here she is holding her two chapsticks (Skittles brand) and her Ferrari. I super glued the tops of the chapsticks on so that she can't pull them off. I have found teeth marks in my chapsticks where she has been sneaky and taken mine.
We also got her some shoes for this fall, socks, and a new DVD.
Good night my little one-year-old. Mommy loves you. Always.
No comments:
Post a Comment