Friday, March 29, 2013

Boy or Girl?

I woke up way too early this morning. I did not sleep well for multiple reasons last night, but the most prominent being because of "morning" sickness. Boo. I am 19 weeks and 5 days...you would think this stupid ole' sickness would have been long gone by now. Anyhoo, that's all my whining for now.

Because.... today we will (hopefully) find out if baby is a boy or girl!! We are so excited. My hunch is that it is a boy, but I will be super, super excited either way. I know I've said before on here that Audrey has to have a sister. So, if it's a girl that will be accomplished, and it not - maybe one day! I do not know what it would be like to have a brother, but I always wished I had one. Siblings are just wonderful all the way around.

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to find out the sex at Shoals-Save-A-Life where a friend of mine was volunteering on a day when they were offering free ultrasounds. Little bean was being shy and had his or his little legs crossed the whole time! It was really neat to see "it" though. "Bean" was sucking it's thumb and rubbing it's eyes. I never saw Audrey do anything like that when I was pregnant with her, so it was really neat to experience. Hopefully little baby won't be shy today!

Moving on to my sweet little Audrey...
She is talking up a storm these days. She is speaking in sentences now and can say most any word. Now, you may not understand her all the time, ha. One of the sweetest things she says is, "Mommy/Daddy, will you play with me?" It melts my heart every time. She is also saying most all family members names. And she has changed from calling me "mom" or "mom-mom" to "mommy". So sweet.

She can be slightly particular about things. She likes to pick out her pjs and her shoes. Sometimes we really have to compromise on her shoe choices, and then there are times when I let her wear whatever. This kid loves her some tennis shoes. However, wearing them to church with dresses isn't the best choice, ha. At this point, she hasn't put up too much of a fight when we disagree.

She constantly asks for a "bite-bite". You would think she is starving, but really she just wants junk food. She inherited her sweet tooth from her mama! She loves cookies, candy, cake, ice cream - if it has sugar in it, she will eat it. Some days she will ask me for a pink cake, or brown ice cream - random! (Brown ice cream is chocolate, by the way. )

One of our favorite things to do together is go to Target and get an icee. She calls them "ice".  She gets her a "boo ice" (blue icee) and I always get a red one. As soon as she sees Target in the parking lot, she is squealing, "ice! ice!". Rotten? Yes.

I will update more on her later and add some pictures. I need to go get ready for my doctor's appointment. Yay! My breakfast consists of cinnamon rolls and Dr. Pepper (hey, don't judge!) so maybe this little baby will be kicking around enough to catch a peak. ;)

I will post later if we have a "boo baby" or a "peek baby", as Audrey would say. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Exciting days! I'm super happy to have another sweet baby on his way and to have the sweetest granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete