Audrey is going to be a big sister!
We are so excited to announce that we are pregnant! Baby is due August 19th. And, for those of you who don't know, that is eight days before Audrey's 3rd birthday. I am praying this baby comes a week early. At least there would be a little more time between their birthdays. Plus, who really likes being super fat and pregnant in the 100 degree August heat? Not this lady.
I will be 16 weeks tomorrow. I am craving similar things as I did with Audrey: sour candy, slushies, popsicles, sodas, Rosie's white cheese dip, wings, ...oh, and did I say candy??? I have also been eating popcorn and now suddenly love coffee! That's a new one for me. I can't believe I have never discovered how wonderful coffee can be until now. So far, my favorite coffee is a caramel vanilla latte from Panera Bread.
I have also been very nauseous this entire pregnancy. I am still struggling with this and it even seems to be worse over the last two weeks. I am hoping it will disappear soon! Thank goodness for medicine!!!
Audrey is not very excited about the baby, but in her defense, she also doesn't completely understand what's going on. If you ask her where the baby is, she will tend to say, "No baby! I baby!". (Ha) She has said twice though that the baby is a girl; but in the same week she will say, "I want a blue baby". Again, not really understanding what's about to happen. She doesn't like me to hold other babies right now. I am hoping she will adjust quickly and love being my helper. She loves to help me around the house. If it has anything to do with sweeping, washing dishes, cleaning the bathrooms, cooking - she's all about helping. That can be challenging to give her tasks to help me, but I am not about to squelch her cleaning spirit! Ha!
We hope to find out the sex next Saturday. Shoals-Save-a-Life is doing free ultrasounds on Saturday, and my friend's cousin is a tech who will be volunteering that day. She made me an appointment so hopefully baby will cooperate and we can know a little early what he/she is. Otherwise, I have to wait until 20 weeks. We also have names picked out. We have decided to wait until we find out the sex to share the name.
Night night, Sweet Girl. Mommy loves you. Always.
So so so excited! Audrey will do great. She will adjust quickly especially when she sees how much fun it is to be a big sister. :) Love you and can't wait to find out if you have a little man or another little lady. :) Love you
ReplyDelete