We had a fun weekend enjoying this awesome weather! We took Audrey on a picnic to McFarland Park on Friday. Andrew doesn't have school on Fridays and I do not work on Fridays, so we decided to have a nice family day outside. So fun!
We also decided to setup Audrey's big girl bed! We thought we would wait until after tax season, but we changed our minds. I think deciding "on a whim" worked out well. I didn't dread it all week or have the sad thoughts of, "my baby is growing up...". I had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart, so I left Andrew with Audrey to do the big switch. Probably not the best idea, but it worked out. Ha. He said she was so excited about her new bed. I was really worried she would be upset because she likes her stuff. We wanted to go ahead and transition her so that maybe she wouldn't feel as though the baby was taking her bed. She gladly welcomed her new bed and even said baby brother could have her old bed. Wow! What a shocker.
She has done absolutely AMAZING. I could not have imagined a more perfect scenario. She has gone right to sleep the last three nights, slept all night, and still waits on us to come and get her in the mornings. We didn't give her any rules because we didn't want to put any ideas in her head. This kid amazes me. I thought she would be scared and we would end up sleeping with her to help her go to sleep. None of that stuff. It's awesome. She is such a big girl!
We are so proud of you, Audrey! I am so glad you love your new bed. Love you always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment