Thursday, May 30, 2013

Life lately

This month has flown by! I am so excited summer is officially and finally here. We have enjoyed being by the pool and playing outside. Since we have been back from the beach, I have gotten back into my gym routine and we have spent several days at my grandmother's enjoying her pool.

I start going to the doctor every two weeks now. My next appointment is this Wednesday...a few days shy of being 30 weeks! I have had a really good month. I think between 6-7 months has been the best so far. I probably only took 1-2 Zofran the entire month. Whoo hoo! Nausea is definitely a rarity these days. I will admit, I still drink my Dr. Pepper in the mornings. There are days when I try not to drink it, and my stomach feels queasy and I just feel blah. Something about that carbonation....no worries, I got the "ok" to have one per day from my doc. ;)

This baby is SUPER, SUPER active. I am not sure if I forgot how active Audrey was, or if he really is just more active. I feel like I have a strong, big 'ole boy growing in there. Not to mention all of the "Wow! You are really poking out there!" or "How much longer? REALLY??? You are huge!". Got to love the honesty. Although, most follow up with, "But you are all belly!". Thanks. I hope they are telling the truth. Ha.

At my last appointment, my blood pressure was back to my "normal" - 98/60, I think. (90-something/60-something I know for sure.) It's been a little higher this whole pregnancy, but nothing to be really concerned about. I also had my glucose test at 24 weeks, which I passed! Yay! Also, baby's heartbeat was great and I am measuring right on time. Also, I am still so very proud to be able to say my feet are not swollen! I swelled so early with Audrey. I am so excited that at 28 weeks I can still see the bones in my feet and I do not have cankles. It's the little things, right??

My beautiful feet, three days before I had Audrey...
Ha

I am really looking forward to June. I will get to see Bethany briefly since she is flying in to be in a wedding. We will also get to have my baby shower while she is home. I am so excited about that. She has never been to a wedding or baby shower of mine (she has lived so far away since college), so this one is extra special for that reason. I also just look forward to being by the pool and spending time with Audrey.

Audrey is growing and changing so fast. She is such a fun little girl. We laugh and giggle all the time. She loves to ask, "What are you doing?" over and over again. She also is very interested in which direction we are going when I'm driving. She will say things like, "Mimi's house this way?" and then point to which way she thinks we should go. She is correct about half the time. She also loves to use "poo poo" as an adjective. Tonight I told her she was so special. She responded, "No, I not special. I poo poo special!", and then she got so tickled at herself. When I put her to bed, we were playing with her elephant named "Berr" and her dog named "Huskey". She said they were kangaroo bunnies and needed to go poo poo. So silly. Also, I have to use the potty frequently, ha, and she always has to go with me. She'll say,
"Mommy, you go tee tee again?"
Me: "Yes."
Audrey: "You no go poo poo?"
Me: "No, just tee tee."
Audrey: "Daddy go poo poo."
Me: "Yes, Daddy goes poo poo."
That is usually how the conversation will go. Haha. I hope we are getting closer to potty training!

We are trying to decide which preschool to enroll her in this fall. I am leaning towards one, but we won't decide for sure until I go visit it when their summer program starts in a couple of weeks. I have visited the other preschool we are considering and Audrey went with me. She loved it! She talked about how she wanted to go to "peeschool" on and off that day. I really think she is going to enjoy it.

Baby's name is still not for certain. We have all been calling him by a name, including Audrey, but still not for certain. I actually started having doubts about it today. I think we will probably go with the name we have chosen, but I don't know why it has been so difficult. Well, Andrew has been the most indecisive for sure. But we haven't had a moment where we have just "known" that this is his name. Naming Audrey was so easy. We even had the discussion last week that if by some slim chance this boy is actually a girl, we will name "her" Hadley Grace. Why is that so easy?? Haha. And when I suggested the name "Hadley" only being 2 months pregnant, we had that feeling - like yes that is her name. (I have a close friend of mine that had a baby last summer that was supposed to be a boy and when she had "him", he turned out to be a girl! So we are prepared for the unexpected. ;)

We are so excited about Baby coming. I look forward to when he arrives. Eeee! :)

Night night, Audrey. Mommy loves you. Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment