Friday, April 18, 2014

7 Months Old

WHEW!!! Tax season is finally over!! I am very behind on blogging. My sweet Charlie will be 8 months next week...but here's his 7 month update.

7 Months Old:
He can sit up perfectly. We do not have to put a pillow behind him anymore. He is still not rolling over, but can bend all the way over from sitting up and raise back up. He often ends up on his belly, but does not know how to get back up so he gets frustrated quickly. Silly thing.


We also introduced a lunch this month. He eats two jars of baby food for lunch and two for dinner. Sometimes for lunch he is still hungry so I give him rice cereal. The boy loves to eat!


People ask me who I think Charlie looks like and I definitely think Audrey. I don't really see me or Andrew in him very much. Sometimes he makes facial expressions that remind me of Andrew, but I mostly see Audrey. Here's my baby girl when she was 7 months old:


He is sleeping better this past month. Ever since he had RSV at 6 months, things have been much smoother at night, for whatever reason I'm not sure. Perhaps because he can stretch out and has learned to sleep without being confined to the swaddle blanket. He usually cries out once or twice, but will go back to sleep if he finds his paci or we find it for him. He absolutely will not sleep without his blanket. He is such a cuddly baby. He has to have his sleep sack on and his blanket touching his face so he can sleep. This really scared us at first, but I talked to his doctor and she reassured me that the blankets he uses were fine. (We use the Aden and Anais brand. They are a breathable fabric.) I had my mom cut two of them in half and hem the edges, so now we have four smaller blankets that he can sleep with. Of course, he only sleeps with one at a time, ha.


I briefly got a picture of him standing. He quickly fell right back down, but look at how big he is getting! Those legs. Oh my goodness, so sweet!!!


Audrey and Charlie love each other so much. Audrey seems to have more and more fun with him now that he is older, can sit up, and is starting to play better. She loves to bring him toys. He also laughs and laughs at her so she really enjoys the attention. She can walk into the room and he will start giggling. It is so funny. He loves his sister so much.


Spring has been teasing us for a few weeks now. Some days are 70 degrees and sun shiny...and in the same week it will be back down in the 40s. We have had a few afternoons to play outside. And now that I am not working nearly as much, we should get to enjoy a lot more!



Charlie weighs almost 23 lbs now. We had to sell his infant car seat a couple of weeks ago because the weight limit on it was 22 lbs. I was so sad to see it go. It expires next summer, so there was no chance of getting to use it again. We bought him a convertible rear-facing car seat that fits him so much better.


Charlie LOVES bath time! Afternoons are his fussy time usually, but once he gets in the bath time he relaxes and plays. Even if he doesn't really need a bath, we do it anyway. He feels so much better...and is much more pleasant to be around.



Happy boy most all the time...especially at 6am... :D. Here he is playing after a fully belly. (Around 6am, ha.) What a joy he is!!



Love my babies...lots more to post. Maybe I can squeeze a few posts in today or over the weekend.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment