Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bye Bye, Swaddling!

March 17, 2011 - The first night Audrey slept without being swaddled! She even slept all night, and has since then. Life is so much easier! All it took was 2 nights with one arm out of her swaddle blanket. We got her a sleep sac to sleep in, which is basically like wearing a blanket so she doesn't get cold. It's like a big, zip-up sleeveless dress. Her arms are free, but she is still warm inside a blanket and we don't have to worry about it covering her face. It is so funny to watch her sleep now because her arms lay so perfectly by her side - just as if she was sleeping in her miracle blanket. Here she is in her miracle blanket the first night we had an arm out. That night was a little rough, but it was much better than I anticipated!




This was her the next morning - completely out of the blanket. She is so silly.

I have started making my own baby food. After my first experience of making baby food, I have decided I am only going to do the foods that will be easy to steam and puree. I started with carrots, but the silicone steamer melted in my pan and ruined my pan - and my carrots! That was a bad first experience.  And I will not be making carrots anymore either! Luckily, the next go-around was successful. I made her some homemade green beans. She will only eat them if I mix it with rice cereal, and even then it is still a battle. She hasn't really liked anything I have given to her, all of which have been vegetables. Most of the time I have to mix with rice cereal. I am not sure if that is good or bad, or if it really matters. For now, it is the only way I know how to get her to eat anything. We did have some breakthrough last night, however. After trying green beans for the upteenth time, I tried apples and blueberries. She ate the entire jar! First time ever. I was impressed. So she might take after her mama and love fruits!....maybe there is still some hope for the veggies. I am going to keep trying. Maybe she will "develop" a taste for veggies....like I have been told I will eventually acquire when I get "older". I feel like I'm "older" and still have had no such luck. (But I will eat salad now...that is am improvement!)

Speaking of veggies....you all will be very impressed at the meal I am cooking tonight. I am going WAY out on a limb here.....Baked cod with baked asparagus! Even my mom thought it sounded gross. I almost changed my mind when I walked up so the seafood section at the grocery store. I do have a Plan B if this doesn't work out, but Andrew doesn't know it yet. He is not looking forward to it. I saw this meal on The Biggest Loser and looked up the recipe online. We will see how it goes! I am also going to make guacamole for myself so I can have something to snack on. I will admit though, at the grocery store yesterday, I had to ask a lady which ones were the avocados. :) I thought they looked like kiwi for some odd reason. Just in case you didn't know either, they are green and black. hehe.

Andrew got creative this week and made us a yard toss. We painted it lime green (the color of Audrey's furniture). I thought this was a cheesy idea, but it has actually been pretty fun. My mom and I (well, really my mom!) made us some bean bags. We have not been able to find just plain, hand-sized bean bags to buy. So we bought some pinto beans and I had some cute pink and white polka dot fabric, and made our own bean bags. We will be having some yard toss tournaments for those of you who would like to join in. And if you have been by our back porch, the yard toss is the giant green eye-sore sitting on the porch. ;)



This was Audrey playing outside while Andrew made the yard toss. We put 50SPF on her with her sunglasses and she had so much fun.

She is loving her picnic set from Aunt Ashley. This was given to her at Christmas, but she is just now really playing with it. It is so cute to see her learn and play. She is becoming so much more interactive and aware of her surroundings.



As she was playing last night, I caught this on video. So funny! She is always making us laugh.


Mommy is so proud of you, Little Girl. I love you. Always.

5 comments:

  1. Hey AnnaLaura, Great Blog!! This is like a high-tech baby book. Audrey is adorable!! And growing so fast. About the veggies, first, I'm proud you are making them and more proud you are feeding them to her. A little tip that helped me is to have 2 spoons. One to put a little bit of veggies on it with the front end topped off with fruit. The next spoon is the fruit chaser. Worked great for Logan and Clark. Joe Always loved veggies plain. Good Luck!! Love Yall, Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I will definitely try that. Thanks, Aunt Susan! Love and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you post a picture of her in the sleep sack? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it posted the same thing twice.

    ReplyDelete