Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sitting, Strumming, Sunglasses, and Stroller rides

My little busy bee made quite the accomplishment last week. She is officially sitting up by herself! We are very proud parents. She still does the occasional tumble, but those have come with few tears. (Thankfully!) We still put pillows around her most of the time, just in case. The "boppy" has finally come in handy again too. Soon we will be passing it on to Miss Aniston, who is due to arrive within the next 3 weeks. WHOO HOO!!!!
Audrey has also "discovered" her Daddy's guitar. He frequently plays to her, but it has just been this last week that she has taken quite the liking to it. She fiercely strums on it with everything she's got...so much so that her little fingers turn bright red. She loves it! As soon as the guitar is within reach, she raises her arms and immediately begins to "strum" on the strings. It may not sound melodious to most, but it is perfect to our ears! It is so fun to see her get so excited. Maybe we have a soon-to-be musician in our hands. 





 
Here is a picture of her pink fingers after her guitar strumming.



Ok, so it's hard to tell in the picture. But it was pretty funny.

I find myself making a few trips to Target each week. It's probably me and Audrey's favorite store. We love shopping together. We even invited Aunt Ashley along last week and had a fun girls trip. :) On that particular trip with Aunt Ashley, we found Audrey some hot pink sunglasses! I thought it was so ironic that I just mentioned how I was looking for some in my last blog post. Love it! They are so cute. This past Friday on our way to Target, we decided to go before Audrey's morning nap. Before we went, I changed her clothes and her dirty diaper. (Yuck.) I grabbed a poptart for breakfast and on we went. I was eating my poptart and sitting at a red light, when I looked down at my hand. I had a small amount of poop on my finger. Never has this happened. I am always poop-free when I change diapers. Apparently not this time! I was so grossed out. I luckily keep wipes in my console and took care of it immediately. ;) We arrived at Target and started shopping. Audrey was playing with her sunglasses. We walked all around the store, got what we needed, and checked out. It was very sunny and pretty outside. Before we walked outside, I decided to put her sunglasses on. Only there were no glasses to be found. She had lost her glasses! Her first "lost" item. I was so upset. So I start retracing my steps. We went through so many sections of Target. I found a lady who worked there and told her our situation. She was so nice. We decided to walk back to the fitting room since a lot of items are turned in there. The good news....we found the sunglasses on our way to the fitting room! There they were lying in the floor on one of the clothes aisles. Yay! Silly girl. :)

This past Saturday we went on a family stroller ride. The weather was perfect! We strapped Audrey in and off we went down JC Mauldin. She loves being outside. We had so much fun.



Last on my list....the miracle blanket. I have a love/hate relationship with that stupid blanket. Every night last week Audrey wiggled out of her blanket and woke herself up. It was just once each night, but in order for her to go back to sleep, I had to wrap her back up. Even though this doesn't require much out of me, I still hate to think we have started a habit. I have been so consistent trying to teach Audrey how to go to sleep on her own. If she is strong enough to get out of her blanket, I want her to learn how to keep sleeping without me helping her. So this week....well, it's a new beginning! Last night I decided I would just let her "cry it out" if she woke up on her own. Thankfully, she never woke up! She stayed in her blanket all night long. I got the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. I am beginning to wonder if God gave me a night of rest for a reason. ;) Tonight, I left one arm out of the miracle blanket. To my surprise, she went right to sleep with no trouble. However, one hour later, she was crying and awake. She cried for 20 minutes straight and off and on since then. I hope this is not going to be a long night. I am not sure how long I can stay strong and not go wrap her up. I hate to hear her cry. Earlier she was even crying, "Mama". Oh, it breaks my heart!!!! Andrew is threatening to wrap her back up. hehe. I told him we have to stay strong and be consistent. I know there are some mommies out there who are against "crying it out", but I have talked to several moms and read articles/books from experts, and I have decided it's ok under our circumstances. I have comforted her one time by rubbing her belly. Your prayers are appreciated!! This is so hard!!!!



Night night, Little Girl. Please get some sleep. I love you. And yes, you are the "Star of Mommy's Blog".


2 comments:

  1. We made it through the night! :) We got more sleep than anticipated. Cried just a little here and there throughout the night. Nothing like from 9-9:30 when it all started! Maybe the miracle blanket will be gone SOON! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video makes me miss her so badly. She's growing up too fast! She's perfect :) love you guys. Enjoying the posts.

    ReplyDelete