Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanksgiving: Part 2 & Christmas in McCalla

Finally... Thanksgiving Part 2! My computer got a virus not long after my last blog. It was in the shop for 9 days...so glad to have it back! And I'm thankful I didn't lose anything off of my computer. Here are pics from our Thanksgiving with the Lawrences and Dentons.









 Silly Aunt Kara Beth :)
 Loves music!

Helping her daddy eat his Thanksgiving meal.

We went to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Johnna's house for Christmas this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun! Audrey was so busy. It took her a little while to warm up to everyone. She is so shy around people she doesn't know.






Pops put Audrey on the saddle...she wasn't too sure about it. She was really scared.


Audrey loved this little rocking chair. I have a cute video of her trying to sit in it by herself. So cute!
















We really missed Bethany and TJ this year. They came for Thanksgiving this year, so we won't be seeing them for Christmas. I am trying not to think about because it makes me really sad. Oh well, I guess change is necessary, huh? I sure do miss my sister!

Audrey's new thing right now is waving. She has been doing this for months now, but she is really doing alllll the time now. She waves at everything - even to the point of going to sleep. She will wave during the bedtime song, during bath time, she will wave at cars, birds, toys, whatever! A lot of times her waving is accompanied by "Aaee, Aaee!", which is "Hey!". When we are in public, she tends to hold back. Last week, there were several days we ran a few errands, and she clung to me like a monkey. She would lay her head on my chest and hold on for dear life if someone spoke to her. It is the funniest thing. Sometimes she is friendly though - count yourself lucky if she waves at you. ;)

Some time early last week, Audrey said "Mama" and pointed at me for the first time "on purpose". I said, "Where's Mommy?" She pointed at me and said, "Mama! Mama!" Oh I got so excited! She will usually point at me when you ask her that, but she has never said my name too. She has done it a few times since then. All being in front of Andrew too, so he is just a tad bit jealous. ;) Woot woot, she can say "mama!".

Audrey definitely has the picky eater gene. I was talking to one of my best friends the other day, and her little girl is 8 months old. She has no problem eating anything. I remember it took Audrey FOREVER to like baby food. She asked what Audrey did like to eat, and I named off several things. We got to laughing because they were all the things I eat. She eats exactly what I eat, well, for the most part. Supposedly I need to eat veggies too in front of Audrey, and then she will want to try them also. We will see. Ahem, Andrew says he will not be eating veggies. I agree, they just smell so gross. Anyway....

I am so excited about this Christmas! Only 6 more days! Wednesday we will be doing Christmas with Andrew's family, and then with my family Christmas day. It is going to be so much fun! My little silly girl is going to be so excited to play with her new things. Fun fun!!

Oh yes, and Andrew finished his first semester of school last week. (Well, his first semester back to school in a few years.) He knows he made one A and one B. Not sure on the third class. I am so proud of him! Back to school again in January...only two more years. (Ha, "only".) It will be worth it!

Merry Christmas!!! More pics to come after the holidays.

Mommy loves you, Little Girl. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment