Tonight, Audrey told me that she loved me. I almost didn't even realize that she said it. I put her to bed and as I was leaving her room I said, "Love you, Audrey." She responded with, "Uhhhv-you, Mom!". It took me a second to realize that she repeated back to me what I had just said. This is her first time to say these words. I am SO SO excited!!!! Now it might not sound like a big deal, but all mommies know when their kids are saying new words and how to translate the words they already know how to say. She definitely said, "Love you, Mom." Ohhhh such sweet little words! I told Andrew when he got home from band practice at church. He was so jealous, haha.
Other words from Audrey:
Uuuus - "Shoes"
Wha-ee - "One"
Toooo - "Two"
Nak - "Snack"
Com'n - "Come on"
NO - NO!
Mom-mom - "Mommy"
Da-yeee - "Daddy"
Bye - "Bye"
Bye now - "Bye now!"
Hi - "Hi"
And there are other words, but these are probably most frequent and coming to mind right now. It's late. Ha.
She says, "No, Mom-Mom, No" all the time now. Even when it doesn't make sense to say it. But...most of the time it is used correctly. Whew, she's persistent!
I have some exciting news regarding the potty. Audrey tee-teed in the potty on Sunday and pooped in her potty on Monday! Before you get too excited, yes it is a very big deal, I think I just got lucky. Ha. On Sunday she started tee-teeing in the tub so I yanked her out and put her on her potty. She finished on her potty and I praised her over and over again. She was so proud of herself! On Monday, I could tell she was probably going to go #2 soon. You know moms, they can just tell sometimes that "moment" is coming soon. I asked her if she wanted to go poo-poo in her potty, and she nodded "yes". So we went into the bathroom where her potty is also, and I took her clothes off. She sat there all proud and excited, but nothing happened. After a few minutes she started going, but she was playing and not sitting on the potty. I put her on the potty and she went. I took her to get cleaned up and put a new diaper on her. I took her back to the potty and showed her the poop and praised her over and over. She was highly disgusted at the sight of her poop. She kept making her "yuck" noises, which we mainly hear when she sees a bug. I guess she had never seen poop before. I got the bowl of poop and dumped it in the big girl potty. I flushed the toilet and she said, "Bye bye!!" and waved. Heehe, very funny. And that was that. She has refused to get on the potty ever since. I guess I can't blame her. Poop is really gross.
Love you, Chicken. You are so silly! Night night.
No comments:
Post a Comment