Sunday, September 2, 2012

Handyman Hubs and the Potty Girl

Can I just be the first to say I am so thankful my hubs is a handy man...and the official "bug-killer", and "after-you-kill-the-bug-clean-up" man. He is does not do pest control..we have someone that does that monthly. And even so, we still have half-dead bugs that appear randomly, mostly roaches. Eeeew gross! Today I discovered one on our rug, and any time I see them they take my breath away and I'd like to think I am hyperventilating. They really bother me. Audrey hates them too...any bug, for that matter. She panics when she sees anything of the insect fashion and makes these hilarious "Yuck" noises. I showed her the roach and she started doing her "I see a bug dance". Daddy came to the rescue, whew!

At this very moment, the hubs is in the attic looking at the verdict of our roof leak we have just discovered. Thankfully it is directly above our kitchen sink. Let me also just say I am very happy we are still renting. :D It is not a flowing leak, just drops of water. I guess we will call the landlords in the morning since it is already so late at night. I am so glad he knows how to take care of things like this! Not to mention all of the other "handy" things he does that I don't have to worry about.

I bought Audrey a training potty on Friday night. We opened it for her today and she was SO excited. We want to introduce the potty to her and get her thinking in that direction. For the first time the other day she actually sat on the big potty and did not freak out. She has been scared of it, and I know mentally she is not ready to start potty training. We thought by getting one her size, we could start talking about it with her. Well, she loved it. I took her pants and diaper off and she thought she was big stuff sitting on the potty. It has three different parts to it:  the bowl, a seat, and a cushion for the seat. The seat and cushion are all separate pieces and the seat can be used to sit on the big potty so the kid doesn't fall in the toilet. Make sense? Anyway, she loved taking all the pieces out and putting them back together and then sitting on the potty again. She did this over and over. She would just laugh and smile so proudly. It was really funny. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of her doing this. Oh well.

After lots of play with the potty, I decided it was time for "nap". (Which is really no nap, just a break for me. Ha. It's "quiet time". That's sarcasm. She is napping about every 4-5 days. Boo.) I stayed in her room awhile because she has been crying alot when I leave the room. She just rolled around and jibbered to herself. She tried to talk to me, but I did not respond. While doing all this she took her pants off. Oh well, I didn't put them back on her and left the room. She fussed a little but then went about playing and yelling her usual, "Mom-Mom!!!!! Da-yeeeeee!!! Mom-Mom!!!!! Da-yeeeee!" I went in there after 30 min and turned on Praise Baby. I realized she had also taken off her diaper!!! What have we done?!! I didn't feel any pee in the bed so I left the room again for 30 more min while she watched her movie. When that was over I came to get her out of her bed - "naptime" was over - and as I bent over to pick her up, I stepped in pee. Yay. Apparently she had tee-teed while standing up in her crib.

I brought her in the living room and she immediately took off her pants and diaper. She started playing with the toilet again. Oh me, this kid - she cracks me up. Andrew starts saying how she is going to start doing this in public now and we need to discipline her. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny. I sat her on the potty and told her she had to sit on the potty if she was going to take her diaper off. So she sat there and the look on her face was as if she was really trying to go "potty". But she didn't, and I put everything back on her. She never did try again to take everything off.

Audrey and I got ready and we went to Walmart. She always plays in my bathroom while I am in there getting ready. I didn't think anything about it and we were on our way. I did leave the room for a minute while she was still in my bathroom, but I did not see any obvious mischief. When we came back from Walmart, we unloaded groceries and then all three of us went to the Wing Shack for dinner. (One of our faves.) We came home and I went to my bathroom because I had to go to the bathroom. To my surprise, I found my toilet had a red hair bow in it, along with a hand towel, a toy, and my eyeliner pencil. O.M.G. I went and got Andrew. Of course I think it's funny, but he is telling me I need to stop laughing as he gives her a gentle "talking-to". Oh man, so funny.

 

 Audrey's most frequently used phrase this week has been, "No, Mom-Mom, No!". I am glad it has taken two whole years before she stared saying the word, "no". For so long now she has nodded "yes" and "no". But with the verbal "no" has also brought some extra sass. Well, a lot of sass! I am not really sure how to handle this at this point. I do not want her to constantly tell me no and talk back to me disrespectfully like that. But I know she doesn't understand completely what she is doing. Is this appropriate to insert...#joysofparenting? Ha.

She is truly a joy. I know I say that in almost every blog. Between all the sass, drama, and throw-down fits, there is a sweet, gentle-spirited, precious little angel that is my little girl. She is so funny. She amazes me everyday.

Love you, Chicken. Night night.






















No comments:

Post a Comment