Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baby C's Nursery!

Finally! We are finished with C's nursery. He can officially come home to us now. ;) We are so excited!

This project of a room was not easy. Not at all. Andrew and I both agreed that we liked the "rustic" look, but our ideas of "rustic" were not the same.  I feel like this room brings together both of our styles nicely.

I love, love the color of his room. It is such a soothing color. The two dressers (which I hope to blog our makeover project of that as well) are two shades of gray darker with a dark stain rubbed over it. Both antique dressers were bought from a yard sale a few months back. We decided to refinish them in the antique gray color. We kept the original hardware and did nothing to it.



My extremely handy and talented husband made the curtain rods out of trees. He surprised me with them a few weeks ago. He also made me cedar shelves he made out of a cedar log he had.


The bedding:  The hardest decision of all, by far. Andrew wasn't crazy about a lot of the boy bedding out there. He did not want "sissy" bedding. Ha. We compromised and went with the owl print. I am also choosing to not use a bumper pad until baby is more mobile. I chose a mesh, breathable bumper from Target that I will later use when he no longer wants to be swaddled.




One of my favorite pieces in his room is the deer head. I know, that is a shocker to hear from me. I told Andrew from the beginning - if we are having a boy, we are using his European deer mount. Of course he did not disagree.


 








My sweet girl was being silly for the camera. Don't you love her hair style of choice? One side has a pigtail and the other side was taken down while playing. Her end-of-the-day hair is quite comical. ;)


"Mommy, I want to see 'C'. " (Except she says his name. We will reveal once he is born!) She loves to pull up my shirt and "tickle" him. I hope she stays this excited once he really is here!


I asked her if she was going to be my helper, and this is her face while telling me, "No, Mommy.". Goofy!


Tan Basketweave Curtains - target.com
Chevron rug - Bargain Hunt, Florence, AL
Bed sheet - target.com
Bed skirt - babybedding.com
Changing pad cover - target.com
Tree decal - Hobby Lobby
"C" antler - Hobby Lobby
Owl frame - urbanoutfitters.com
Crib - target.com (It was Audrey's.)
Furniture - Lucky yard sale finds!
Chair - Not sure where it is from. I claimed it from my sister after she moved out of my parents' house.

Alright, baby boy, you can come anytime now! Twelve days and counting....



1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! Ya'll have done a great job. Yes, I am totally surprised on the European deer mount. I think you'll have to add explanation on that one, lol. Glad you two found a way to blend your artistic gifts. And by the way, Audrey is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete