I am 9 days away from my due date, and I am guessing I will have this baby before then. My summer of just me and my sweet girl is coming to a quick end! We will soon be welcoming little brother into our lives. We are so excited, nervous, somewhat scared, and overjoyed all at the same time.
I have had such a fun summer with Audrey. We have spent our days by the pool at Grandmommy's, playing at the park, shopping, going to the splash pad, and playing with friends. And most afternoons we snuggle up on the couch together for "rest time" (since Audrey really doesn't nap anymore- maybe once a week.) And for most of the summer, I rest with Audrey and sometimes get a power nap while she watches tv. Although I have felt great overall, a mid-afternoon nap has become almost necessary for me to have the energy to finish the day. Not to mention, my feet and back pain is a lot worse this pregnancy.
Audrey is learning and growing so much everyday. She is talking so well and understands pretty much everything we tell her. She speaks well, but I would have to say I am probably her best interpreter to others when her words are not understood. She has quite the independent mind of her own. She is still very easily pleased and content, but voices her opinion often. However, if we do not agree or she doesn't want to do something I tell her, I do not have too much of a struggle for her to go with the flow. Sometimes I bend a little and let her do her thing, or I am able to convince her to do something without much fuss usually. She is a very easy-going child, well-mannered, and content overall. Now, it's not always this way, and we do have to discipline her occasionally, but she really goes with the flow well. I love her laid back temperament, and wish I could be more like her in that way. :) She is definitely her Daddy's girl - just like him.
Some funny things she says...
She does not like to be called a "big girl". She is a little girl, and nothing else - at least that is what she will tell you. She doesn't like the potty, band-aids, or getting her hair washed. She will negotiate with you all day long about getting her hair washed or when we tell her it's bedtime. I really wonder how long she would last at night if we just let her play until she crashed. She has such an imagination and it doesn't seem to "turn-off" until she hits the pillow at night.
If she gets a "boo-boo", she will tell you she doesn't need a band-aid. She hates them. But she will let her babies have "boo-boos" and will give them band-aids. Funny girl.
She is becoming rather bossy lately, which is funny most of the time, but we are trying to reel that in a little bit. Ha. When we play, she will tell me how to play and what to do. It is really comical. One day this week she said, "Mommy, help me make Daddy a kite." I said ok, and went to draw on his "kite", which was really just a picture. She would say, "No, Mommy, don't do that. Let me do it, this is for grown-ups." Hahaha. She likes to say that phrase, "this is for grown-ups". Today we were playing with play dough, and she wanted to cut up the snake I made. (She likes to cut play dough with scissors.) I said ok, and she said, "Ok don't be sad and don't cry." As if I was going to be upset because she was destroying my play dough snake. I get so tickled at her. She is hilarious.
Here is my sweetie eating one of her favorite snacks - peanut butter and nutella on a spoon. "Nutella-stache!"
You will notice clothing is not really necessary for this summer. Ha. She LOVES to be in only her diaper. She also hates swim suits, so we have not worn one for much of the summer.
She loves to play with water, but she doesn't like to really submerge her body in water. Ha. She will pour water into different bowls and cups all day long, but will not really play in water. She does good at the splash pad and with a sprinkler or baby pool.
Last Saturday morning, we went and picked up donuts and decided to spend our morning at McFarland Park. She loves it there. We can throw rocks in the water and see the ducks. She loves to throw the rocks in the water. She would probably do it all day if we would let her. It was so hot and muggy that morning that I didn't last long. We were there about an hour.
My little Audrey, she is just so sweet and perfect. We love her beyond words. I hope and pray she adjusts well to her brother. She always surprises me with how easily she transitions into things - I feel like this will probably go better than I might imagine. I hope so anyway. She is the light of our lives.
Love you sweet girl. We are so proud of the little girl you are. Night night,
Mommy
Thanks for taking time to post these sweet memories. Audrey is such a delight, and you and Andrew are absolutely amazing parents.
ReplyDelete