Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Update on Baby

We are officially six weeks away or less! I am 34 weeks as of yesterday. I will have my next doctor's appointment next week that will include an ultrasound, Group B Strep test, and I will also be checked to see how much I have progressed. After that, I will go every week to see the doctor. So excited!

Last weekend I ended up getting some sort of stomach bug or food poisoning. It lasted about 12 hours and then I started feeling better. The next night, I started having severe abdominal pain, and I wasn't getting sick. We decided to go to Labor and Delivery around 1:30am Monday morning. I figured I might as well be in pain at the hospital instead of worrying about it laying in bed. Thankfully, there was nothing to worry about. I was a little dehydrated so they gave me some fluid. I had three contractions while I was there too. Ha. I am 1.5cm and 60% thinned already. They also did a test that would tell if I was likely to go into preterm labor. That test came back negative, so that is really good. With this being my second pregnancy, they did not seem too concerned about my progression once they got the test results back. I went to the doctor this past Friday and my doctor was also not concerned. I hope this might be a sign that I will go into labor naturally this time....and maybe even a week or two early! That would be ideal!!

Audrey is getting really excited about her baby brother. She has started hugging my belly and telling me she loves him. She is all the time giggling and telling me, "I want to see him, Mommy!", and then she will lift up my shirt and laugh. I hope she stays this excited about little brother! We have had fun painting his nursery and furniture and organizing all the baby stuff. She is excited about the new look of C's room. She tells me everyday now that the walls are dry because Daddy finished painting. ;) Oh, and the first night Andrew painted the new color, he started painting right before Audrey went to bed. The next morning, one of the first things she asked me was to see C's room. When she saw it she said, "I lub it, Mommy!". (love)

I will do another post soon of our furniture project. This whole process has been painfully slow, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Now we are waiting on the bedding to come in the mail. Not sure I am going to love it, but we will see. Andrew has had quite the opinion with this nursery. He didn't care at all with Audrey's nursery. I guess with a son he wants it just perfect, which I understand. However, the child is not going to come out shooting a bow, nor does his room have to resemble that either. (Ahem....an all camo nursery....yeah, don't think so...) We are attempting a rustic theme, but we both have different ideas about "rustic." I'll just leave it at that. This has been very interesting to say the least! ;)

41 days or less until he is here! Yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment