Merry Christmas and Happy 4 Months to my sweet Charlie!
He is the happiest, most giggly, smiley chubby baby I've ever met. He reacts eagerly to all of us with the biggest smiles he can muster and the best laugh you have ever heard. He loves people and has really started "talking" this past month. I believe we may have our first "sanguine" in the family!
Love comparing him and Audrey!! He is so much bigger!! :)
Charlie went to the doctor last week because he got his first cold. Bless his little heart. His breathing is still "rattle-y" but he has improved so much. He weighed 19 pounds, 2 ounces! I could hardly believe it when they told me.
Audrey weighed 21 pounds at 12 months. Haha. He likes to eat!!! I think it also has to do with the rice cereal in his formula. He has a special kind for his reflux and it has the rice cereal already in the formula. I will take him back to the doctor next week for his 4 month checkup and shots.
Charlie's reflux hasn't seemed to change. He still spits up a lot. Some days are worse than others. He is still not getting much tummy time or much time in the floor at all to roll over. He usually sits in his exersaucer, bouncy seat, bumbo, or high chair. This week I also got out his "Johnny Jump Up" and he really liked that.
I hope this month we see more improvement with his reflux. I really want to transition him to his bed soon. We have tried inclining his bed, but he slides down and turns his body so that his head is almost going downhill. He is still being swaddled so I want to wait until he is out of his blanket and not spitting up so much so he can lay flat.
Charlie only slept through the night twice this past month. I feel like this past month he regressed on his sleeping. I am not really sure why, but his nights became more unpredictable. He might wake 5 times, or just once. Over this last week, we have held him off from eating in the middle of the night and I think that has helped.
Like I said in my last post, Andrew does the "dream feed" between 9-10pm and we try to hold him off until 5am. He never usually fusses for more than a couple minutes. He doesn't normally do a solid cry in the middle of the night, it's just fussing on and off. But sometimes the fussing happens every hour, or fairly constant for one hour, or just enough so you can't get quality, uninterrupted sleep. I always check on him and and rub his tummy and pat his head. Sometimes I will pick up him up if I think he needs more soothing.
He has slept great the last two nights, so I hope holding him off from the night feeding is helping him. The night before last he slept from 8:30-4:30. I decided to wait and see if he would go back to sleep, which he did after only fussing for a couple minutes. He woke at 5:30, went back down at 6:15 and slept until 7:45! It was wonderful. Last night he slept from 7-3:50, fussed a couple minutes, and then woke at 6am. I feel so rested after two great nights of sleep!! I hope this continues.
I read Becoming Baby Wise about two weeks ago. We have tried to implement the suggestions from that book, but Charlie's biggest problem is taking really short naps. It is hard to do the eat, activity, sleep pattern that these books suggest that I have read. What we are doing is feeding him every three hours. I keep him on a clock schedule now. Depending on what time he wakes up, we start the schedule from that time and I feed him every three hours. For a baby his size, I am was surprised at how often he was wanting to eat -about every 2 hours- so I decided to try stretching out his feedings like this book suggested. He has responded well.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment