Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas 2013

This past Christmas was extra special with Charlie here! Audrey is also at such a fun age. She loved, loved, LOVED everything about Christmas. We decorated the tree together, to which I let her put the ornaments wherever she wanted. I helped and hung the heavier ornaments around the top, and probably 75% of the ornaments hung around the very bottom. It was so much fun!



Her favorite Christmas song this year was Jingle Bells. And almost every time we were in the car, she would ask, "Mommy, play Jingle Bells!". Too cute. Once we started putting presents under the tree, her excitement was too much to contain. She wanted to open presents so badly. She was good though and did not try to open a single one until Christmas morning.





We also had another special addition to celebrate Christmas with this year. Miss Sarah! Audrey and Charlie finally have a cousin! She is so adorable and we love seeing how our family is getting bigger. Next Christmas we will have baby Allie to also celebrate with! Whitney and Tyler are due in April.



I love Audrey's face. She looks so terrified! Ha!













 




On Christmas Eve night, I asked her what Charlie was going to get for Christmas. She said, "Hair! Lots and lots of hair! And teeth!". She is so hilarious. She is so literal about everything. I made the comment earlier this winter that we have to bundle up when we go outside so we don't turn into icicles. Now, she reminds us that we have to wear gloves so our "singers" (fingers) do not turn into icicles.

(Christmas morning at our house)

Audrey was so excited Christmas Eve night that she did not fall asleep until around 9pm. Andrew got up with Charlie around 5am on Christmas morning, so he was up and ready to begin quite early. He came and woke me up around 6:30. He tried to wake up Audrey, but she just looked at him and rolled over to go back to sleep. We were shocked! He decided to put Charlie in her bed beside her. It didn't take long for Charlie to start fussing, and that did wake up Audrey.

Look at those pitiful sleepy eyes. ;)
 Andrew had already cooked breakfast so we ate and then began opening gifts.



We let her pick out a gift for me, Andrew and Charlie. She picked out a book for Charlie, a hunting magazine for Andrew, and well...hmmm...I forgot what she got me. Oops! (Sorry, baby girl. Mommy's brain is basically not working these days since your brother is not a fan of sleeping!)



Audrey is holding the book she got Charlie.




I got Andrew a tent stake bag and a hammock pillow.







 Audrey was one excited little girl! Her gifts included a Leap Reader Jr., Cupcake Legos, a counting puzzle (which she LOVES), two stuffed animal turtles (She kept asking for a turtle for Christmas), some markers, and little goodies in her stocking.



Andrew bought me a hiking backpack! We are going to start camping and hiking as a hobby to enjoy together. He sold my guitar and a gun to start me with the supplies I need.


After our fun morning of opening presents at home, we went to Nana and Poppie's for lunch and more presents. Audrey was mesmerized by the big gifts wrapped for her. Nana decided to buy her some gifts to add to the toys at her house. I thought that was a great idea, especially since we do not have room for more toys! :)
 



Big gift #1.... A dollhouse!



Big gift #2.... A car!



Is that just not the cutest thing!?

Mr. Charlie slept through all the gift opening at Nana and Poppie's. He sure did love his gifts too!







That evening, we went to my mom and dad's for Christmas dinner. My grandmother, and Aunt Kellie and her family also came. We ate dinner and then played a fun game together.





We went back to Mimi and Papa J's house the next night to celebrate Bethany and Celia's birthday and also open our Christmas gifts.




Audrey got my mom some fruit snacks, a pop-tart, and a picture! Ha!









What a fun ending to 2013! We are so blessed to have such wonderful, loving families. I took down the decorations on New Years day. My mom kept both the kids for me at her house, so I decided to get it over with by myself. The next day Audrey realized the tree was gone and burst into tears. It broke my heart. She was so sad Christmas was over! I definitely did not anticipate that reaction, especially since she rarely cries. It was sweet. Next year I think I'll let her help me put away the decor. ;)

Happy New Year! Cheers to 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment