Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Audrey!

This past Monday was Audrey's actual birthday. All day I kept thinking things like, "This time two years ago ___." - My water broke, I put on my make up in the hospital, my epidural wore off, etc. She was born at 8:01pm. I think my very first thought when I saw her for the first time was, "Wow, that's my baby!"

She is so beautiful, smart, funny, and perfect in every way. I love her just the way she is and I wouldn't change a thing. God made her perfect for me and her Daddy. We are having the best time being her parents. Sure there are the challenging moments, but overall things are good and we are blessed beyond measure. I hope Audrey always knows and feels the love that Andrew and I have for her, and I hope and pray that we portray God's love for her as best we can.

Audrey at age 2: Her Loves
Slush (stuffed dog)
Blankey
M&Ms and Peppermint Patties
Lemon Slushies from Sonic
Spaghetti and Cheeseburgers are her favorite meals
Fruit Snacks
Watching Caillou, Bambi II, and Open Season
Playing at the park
Swimming in the bath tub
Playing in the Fridge
Cheese
Reading books
Coloring
Being tickled
BBQ chips

She weighs 24.8 lbs and is 32 inches tall. The theory is that if you double the height of a two-year-old, you will get their projected height when they are grown. So that would make her 5'4". That's how tall Andrew is. Maybe she will be taller than me! (5'2")

Here is a link of the video our photographer made for us when we had Audrey. (Armosa Studios) I am not sure how to put the video directly on my blog, so you can click the link to view it. It should open in a new window. You will have to scroll down to the bottom to see the video.

Audrey's Birthday Video

Birthday photo shoot:

(She loves her pink "Toms", Aunt Kara!)

We went to Wildwood Park to take some pictures and let A play. She LOVED the creek. I didn't realize how much she would like the mud, rocks, and water. I also didn't plan appropriately for shoes. (Eeek) But I did put her boots on not long after the beautiful pink sparkly shoes started getting dirty. (No worries, they are perfectly clean now.) Audrey and I eventually just took our shoes off and played in the water. So much fun!!!



"Uh-Oh!!!" She got her hands really muddy. After the shock of seeing dirt, she was ok. Ha.










Ok, I had to crop this. I get so tickled every time I see this picture. Andrew and Slush = so sweet. Bahaha.


 


  Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!!






Opening her last gift....
We saved one for her birthday.


Her first baby doll! She loved it!






The baby, who we named Callie, cries when you take out her pacy. Audrey doesn't like Callie crying at all. There is a switch you can turn off so she won't cry. We have teased her with the baby crying so much that I don't think she likes it as much any more. Lately, - before the baby doll - if you ask her if she wants a baby brother or sister she would usually nod her head, "yes". Now she says, "No!!!" very defiantly. Oops. Oh well! By the way, "No" is used very frequently these days. She picked that up this week. Here we go....Terrific 2s!!! (I am going to be positive, teehee.)

Love you, Audrey. We are excited to see another year of your life unfold! Tonight I bought you a little potty so we can start thinking in that direction.... :)

Night Night, Little Girl. Mommy loves you. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment