Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Driving", Swimming, and a Lost Fingernail


My mom found a picture of me when I was around Audrey's age with the same bath tub hair-do. I don't think we look much alike, but maybe if Audrey was smiling there would be more similarities. ;) However, I have more and more people tell me that she looks just like me. Heehe :)
(Audrey at 19 months old)

 (Anna Laura around 2 years old)


One of Audrey's most favorite things to do is play in the car. She loves to "drive" and put the keys in the ignition; although, she usually does not put the correct key in there. As you can see, she has a blast.


Playing outside. I just love this white dress on her! Aunt Kellie got it for her a few weeks ago. So adorable! Also, notice her brown boots. Those boots and her tennis shoes are her favorite shoes to wear. Every day, usually multiple times a day, she will bring me a pair of shoes for her to put on her. Her usual choices are the boots or the tennis shoes. One night right before bed, she put her boots on over her footie pjs by herself. It was so funny, especially since she had them on the wrong feet. Silly girl!




I love this sweet little picture. She loves her Slush. She is just the sweetest thing that walks the planet!!!

I posted the picture above on Facebook also. We were getting ready one day last week, and she went to her hair bows and started pointing. She picked out the red and blue bows to add to her hair decor. She was very persistent in wearing them even though I told her they didn't match. Once I put them in her hair, she kept patting her head with so much excitement. She was so proud of her look. ;) Hmmm...I think she gets this from her Aunt Kitty. Celia was notorious for wearing excessive bows and necklaces. She particularly liked to wear necklaces around her neck and waist and bows in her hair and around her socks. :)

Below is another day at the park. This day was much colder than normal. She has so much fun at parks!






This past week we had fun getting out the swimming pool. Audrey had so much fun. We also got her the sunglasses she is wearing. They are "real" sunglasses. Her other ones have velcro straps that secure around the back of her head. She still likes those, but she really likes the "real" ones. I let her choose between two different pair at Wal-Mart, and this was her decision. Andrew's sunglasses are shaped similar to her glasses, except his are obviously not pink...they are black. ;)
 Playing with her diving toys.


 "Look Mommy!"
 Notice her adorable water shoes. She was so excited to wear them for the first time.


The pictures below are from a morning a few days ago. We got up and watched the rain and the birds. We also have a wild rabbit that runs through the backyard which happened to make his appearance this particular morning also. We have named him Raymond Rabbit. She was very excited to see him, so we went and put on outside clothes to greet him. He of course ran away at the sight of us coming outside, but it was worth a try. Audrey also did not want to part with Slush while playing outside. He is her BFF.


Cutest kid ever, right?!!!


I am home full-time now that tax season is over. I have worked one half day since April 15th. I must say, as much as I enjoyed working I am so glad to be home. I learned so much and had such a great experience. However, nothing beats being home with my baby. We go to the YMCA at least 3-4 mornings a week and I go to exercise class while she plays with the kids in the child care center. I was nervous at first  putting her in the class, but she absolutely loves it. She has never once acted scared or apprehensive about me leaving her in there. My favorite part is when I go to pick her up. As soon as she sees me, she runs full speed yelling, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" with a huge smile on her face. Then she jibber jabbers nonstop in her little language. I am assuming she is telling me what all she did while she played. It is probably one of my favorite moments of the day. She loves it. It's so nice to have my time to go work-out knowing she is getting to interact with other kids her age.

I also wanted to note her sleeping schedule at this point. Audrey usually wakes up in the mornings between 7-7:30. Sometimes she wakes up later, but that is the average time. I usually feed her lunch between 11:30-12:00 and put her down for a nap between 1:00-1:30. Her bedtime is between 7:00-7:30 but occasionally we are running late and it is closer to 8:00. She is a very good napper and sleeper. She usually will nap anywhere from 1-2.5 hours. This past week she took several 2 hour naps. I try to wake her by 3:30 if she is still sleeping, but sometimes I'll just let her keep sleeping if I think she needs it. One new funny thing she is doing is you can tell her to "take a nap" and she will lie down in the floor and shut her eyes. Of course that only lasts a second, but it is really funny she knows what that means.

I think Audrey is going to have a love for shoes. I know that is not unusual for many girls, but she is definitely in to shoes right now. She loves to bring shoes to me and Andrew so that we will put them  on her feet. Most of the time she has socks in her hands too. She is a smart girl.

About a month ago, Audrey lost her right pinky fingernail on her hand. We think a week prior to it falling off that she hit it on her high chair tray very hard while she was having a temper tantrum. She woke up from her nap one afternoon, and we went to watch tv and snuggle while she continued to wake up a little bit. After about ten minutes or so, she started fussing. I thought she might be hungry so we walked to the pantry and she only got more upset. She started screaming and crying, as if she wasn't getting her way. She wasn't crying like she was in pain, so I was really confused. I put her in her high chair and tried to give her different snacks. She refused to eat and the screaming only got worse. I resorted to giving her a popsicle, which is something that she really loves to eat. She held it in her hand and started banging it on the tray. This is when I think she hit her nail because the screaming went to a silent, open-mouth cry - the pause before the big explosive crying fit - and then she let it all out. This turned into her "I'm in pain" cry. I turned on the Sprout channel and gave her a bowl of crackers. She finally calmed down, but I still didn't know what had caused all of that. The next day, I noticed her fingernail looked very strange - like it was dead. I called the doctor on Monday and  the nurse thought it could possibly be an infection so she had to be seen. Thankfully there was no infection and Dr. Moore decided it was caused from hitting it on the high chair. It fell off a few days later. The good news is that it never even phased Audrey. She never cried or seemed to show any signs of being uncomfortable. I was shocked. I would be whining like a baby if my pinky fingernail fell off. It is finally starting to grow back. Bless her little heart! :)

Last week there were several nights after I put her to bed when she would be talking and would say, "Mama........ Dada...... ruff ruff...... yow! yow!....Mama, Dada, ruff ruff, yow! yow!" She continued this little repeated bout of words for several minutes. So cute. "Yow, yow" is "meow". Melt my heart! She is so funny.

Off to bed ....night night, Little Girl. Mommy loves you so much! Sweet dreams, Chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment