We have spent the last two days at the beach. (Of course!) Audrey is doing so well. Although she has kept a very runny nose since we have been here, she is really enjoying herself. Each day she gets a little braver around the water. We bought her a sand bucket and shovel at WalMart to put her seashells in. She loves taking out the seashells we collect for her and looking at all of them. Then she wants to show them to us and we make a really big deal about her "finds". If the shells are really small, we say, "Oooo! That is a leeeeettle bitttttyyyy shell!". (Do you like the pronunciation effect for you to better understand our baby talk? Ha.) She gets so tickled when we say that! I also bought a little float for her at WalMart for $1. I knew it would be too big for her, but I thought we could try it. I blew it up today, which she thought was so awesome as the float got bigger, and her and I got in the water. She stuck to me like glue, but did manage to get in the water and hold onto the float without too much of a fit. ;) (I am holding her up in the pic.) Later we went back to the water to cool off again, and she let me hold her without a fuss. A few days ago she would throw a fit if you even started walking toward the water with her in your arms. She is conquering her fears. ;)
The water is perfect today. I could just lay on a float out there. It is not too cold and not too rough. It has cleared up a lot since we have been here. So pretty!
Ha, a lady near us thought we were so cute walking off that she wanted to get a picture. I gave her my camera. Funny.
Audrey's new thing this week is when she drops something, she will say, "Oooh!". It is really cute. Our phrase this week has been, "Audrey, sit on your bottom!". We thought she could do without her high chair this week so we didn't have to pack it. She has done really good, but we sure are tired of saying that over and over. She usually obeys (most of the time), but she soon forgets and is standing up again. Little stinker!
Audrey has been very snuggly at naptime and bedtime with me this week. At home, I can usually only sing about 10-20 seconds of her song and she wants in her bed. Here, she squeezes my neck and snuggles with me really tight. I hold her as long as I can and then my arms get too tired. She has even been letting me rock her like a baby. In shock! I am loving every minute of it. :) She is sleeping so soundly here. We made her bedroom as dark as we could and of course she has her sound machine. All this sunshine makes her sleep like a rock! So glad!
Day 6 Pics
The 22nd is Dave's birthday and he and Kara Beth are also in town for a few days. We met them for breakfast at Tacky Jack's. Fun!
More beach time...
Yesterday afternoon we went back to the outlet mall. This time we got to stay much longer. It also starting storming while we were there. I am glad it stormed while we were not at the beach! We have found some good deals. Love getting new clothes! I am hoping to find some new running shoes while I am here. (If I find a good deal). I have had mine about two and a half years...yep, time for a new pair!!
I gave Andrew a buzz cut yesterday!! His hair was already pretty short, but he wanted to go ahead and buzz it so he could get a tan on his head. I think it looks really good! We did not take any pics after the fact, but here is one from taking pictures this afternoon.
Tonight we plan to stay home and cook. We will probably watch The Incredible Hulk if we can get it from the Redbox. Last night we watched The Vow. Very good movie!
Well, Little Miss is waking up from her nap. We are going to meet Andrew down at the beach for a couple more hours of beach time. Andrew and I take turns during naptime going to the beach. We get to enjoy the beach in "non-parental" mode while A sleeps, so that is really nice!
She is such a little sweetheart. We are having a blast!! Not ready to come back to reality on Thursday. One more day left here in paradise.....
That is a great family picture. Another framed picture maybe?
ReplyDelete