Thursday, May 31, 2012

Orange Beach: DAYS 7 & 8

Our final days at the beach...

Day 7
Today Audrey let us take her in the water and she didn't fuss at all! When the waves would come, we would jump up and yell, "Weeeeee!". She loved it. It was hot today, so we were in the water more so than other days. She continued to play with her seashells, although she seemed a little more bored with that activity today. She also would play at the shoreline and let the water touch her feet. That was a big improvement also. Audrey and I put our chairs in the sand and let the water come to our feet. That was fun while it lasted...which was not for long! Ha :).





Audrey is actually pretending to take a nap in this picture. If you tell her to "take a nap" she will lay her head down and close her eyes. Very funny.




It was sad to pack up our things today. I tried to take in as much ocean as I could. It's just so big and beautiful! I am really going to miss this place.

Audrey did amazing on this trip. She slept perfectly, enjoyed the beach, tolerated our not-so-long shopping trips, and ate in a big girl chair all week with no high chair. She was a little trooper. I don't think we could have had a more perfect vacation. (Well, maybe the long car ride could improve. ;) Also during this past week, she started saying "Hot!" and "One". She likes to "count" her fingers and toes. She says, "one, one, one, one...". Very cute! She whispers, "Hottttt!"

Day 8

Before the ride home...















No more pictures, Mom!


On the way home...
 

She put her sunglasses on herself.... :)




We made it home safe and sound! Audrey did much better on the way home. However, she still did not sleep a wink the whole way. It only took us 9 hours on the way home, as opposed to the 11ish hours on the way down there. We woke up early so we could take pictures on the beach. There are hardly any good ones, but oh well. Andrew wore his new jeans that he bought, and forgot to take the sticker off of the front leg. It is probably 12 inches long, so it is very noticeable. Ha, they are amusing pictures. We tried! Looking forward to being in my own bed tonight. Still missing the beach....

So thankful for the wonderful rest and fun we had this past week. God is good and I am so thankful. That was much needed for all of us. Hope we can do it again next year!


 Random sayings from Andrew...

On our vacation trip this past week, I decided to start recording the random sayings from Andrew that were odd, funny, strange, interesting, etc. The thoughts that go through his head......Haha. I know there are more, but this is what I remembered to write down.


"I should have been a freakin' Chip N Dale." - He said this one time when he was looking at himself in the mirror.

"You either need to grow a beard or amp up the coverage." - He said this to me about me not wearing enough sunscreen. I got burned on my face and he told me that about 100 times in 100 different ways that I was sunburned and needed to use more sunscreen. This was just one of the amusing phrases.

"Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said man can't live on bread alone. I need some meat in these biscuits!" -Hmm, self-explanatory?

"Men with tan legs are not to be trusted." - Really?? I was teasing him because his legs don't tan as quickly as the rest of his body. I told him he had "dad" legs. Hahaha. He then preceded to tell me this quote. Are you surprised? ;) For those of you reading who don't know us as well, we joke on each other a lot. All in fun! Well, to put it more accurately, Andrew jokes on me a lot and I have to throw my punches in when I can. heehee. Casey, you understand!! Goofy!




2 comments:

  1. Love love love your dress! Audrey looks adorable in that beautiful white dress. The random saying thing is a good idea. I need to start doing that with Matt...or maybe not I don't know if I could write that fast. haha. Thanks for sharing your trip. Loved reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! We had the best time. The random sayings thing...it was hard, but I would put them in my iTouch. Andrew would have to correct me because I would never remember "correctly." Very funny....the things that go through their heads...

    ReplyDelete