Thursday, August 23, 2012

T minus 39 hours...

At this moment, I am waiting on two layers of Audrey's four layer cake to cool off so that I can take them out of the pans. I am slightly stressed about the cake since this is my first attempt at a cake of this scale. One of my dear friends -who is the best cake baker I know- is coming over in the morning to help me ice the cake. Audrey's party is on Saturday. I am getting so, so excited!
Audrey's cake is (hopefully) going to look similar to the picture on the top left, except it will only have two layers instead of three. I bought the same Caillou cake topper, which is really a bath toy. I am not doing the same decorations as you see in this picture, but my cake is inspired from this image. Eeee I hope this works. Andrew has already made two trips to Wal-Mart tonight because I didn't have enough ingredients. I'm really glad he loves me...although I think his motivation came from, "But it's for Audrey....". Teehee.

Today Audrey got her first skinned up knee. Blood, scratches, the whole deal. She tripped on our driveway this morning. I know most reading this are thinking, "bloody knee, no big deal." And while that really is true, she tends to air on the side of "Drame Queen." She burst into tears, I took her inside, cleaned the boo-boo with soap and water, applied Neosporin, and covered with a Band-Aid. She hates Band-Aids. Adding that to the scene only made her crying escalade. We quickly got to the couch and snuggled up to watch some Caillou. Her crying subsided almost instantaneously, but if she looked at her leg the crying/wimpering would start up again. And she has been like that all day. Every time I changed her diaper today she would yell, "OW! OW! OW! OW!". I really don't think she was hurting because I never touched the boo-boo, but if she remember it was there then all of the sudden she was in pain again. She is SO funny. I love her.

Her new saying this week is, "Come on, Mama." And she will motion her hand as well. It is so sweet. She says, "Thank you, Mama" a lot too which make my heart just melt. She is so polite. (Ha, well sometimes.)

So, only 39 hours until her party and four days until she turns 2 officially. Where did the time go? I want to freeze her as she is right now. My little buddy. She just the sweetest. :)

Love you, Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment