Thursday, January 10, 2013

A few fun stories...

I still have it on the agenda to blog Christmas and possibly a review of 2012. I will get to it soon, I promise.

Until then, I must share a few funny stories before I forget them.

Audrey is talking more and more each day. She is repeating words and putting sentences together, which is so fun! She amazes us all the time.

In celebration of the Crimson Tide being in the National Championship, we decided to eat dinner at the Wing Shack. They had put out a "groupon" a few weeks ago, so we were able to eat half price. Yum! I got Audrey a drink, but had intended for her to drink water. I could not find the water at the self-serve drink station, so I went for Sprite instead. (Of course I completely overlooked  the water, but oh well! Andrew informed me it was be the tea. Ha.) Audrey was excited. She was so proud of her drink. She would hardly eat anything because she wanted her drink so badly. Andrew and I ate our delicious wings (our favorite) and had a good family dinner together. After eating, Andrew went to wash his hands in the bathroom. Audrey said, "Da-yee go poo poo!". I laughed and explained he was washing his hands. She kept saying, "Da-yee go poo poo!" over and over again, getting a little louder each time until she was pretty loud. No one seemed to be paying attention since the pre-game stuff was on the tvs, although that would have made it even funnier. ;)


I started back to work yesterday. I can't believe tax season is already here again. It is bittersweet. I do enjoy doing tax returns, but of course staying home with Audrey is still a much more enjoyable option, ha. I have decided to come home at lunch this season. I think it will be easier for both Audrey and myself. It makes the time without her seem not as long. Yesterday morning as we were getting ready, I was putting on her clothes and telling her about Mommy going back to work. She actually hung out with me the rest of the time I had to get ready, which is a little surprising since the tv was on and she had not watched it for very long. I asked her if she was going to play with Nana, and she said no. I asked her if she was going to play with Daddy, and she said no. Then she said, "I want Mom.". Oh break my heart! Really!? Most of the time she prefers Drew over me. Daddy's girl all the way! So for her to say that was extra touching. I got a little teary-eyed, I will admit. She is so sweet.

My mom will be the one who keeps Audrey the most while I go back to work and Drew is at school and work. And most of the time, my mom baby-sits at my house. Lately Audrey has become "extra" bossy with my mom. It is actually really funny, but it is borderline bratty attitude. I do get on to her for speaking harshly. Mostly she will yell, "MIMI!!!!" if my mom doesn't do exactly as she wants her to. For example, Wednesday night my mom came over to babysit so Drew and I could go to church. She has a really early bedtime, so my mom so willingly keeps her every Wednesday night for us. I was still getting ready when my mom got to my house and played with Audrey for a few minutes. Then she told Audrey she was going to go talk to Mommy. Mom walked back into my room, and Audrey screamed, "MIMI!!!!! MIMI!!!!!" Very loudly, and with a BIG 'OLE attitude. Honestly, we laughed so hard. Probably should have gotten on to her, but it was hilarious. We think that maybe since Audrey knows she can get away with stuff with my mom, she is just becoming more and more bossy, especially since mom is at "Audrey's house". ? Anyway, today at breakfast I said to Audrey, "Mimi is coming to play with you today while Mommy is at work and Daddy goes to school. You cannot be bossy to Mimi. You have to be nice." She responded, "I not bah-yeee! I not bah-yeee!" Hahahahaha. I laughed so hard. I did not know she even knew what bossy meant. Andrew also talked to her before he left about her attitude. Apparently it worked because she was on her best behavior today. What a stinker!

And lastly, I did share this on facebook, but had to share again. We were going outside and it was freezing cold. I put lots of layers on her along with her hat, scarf, and gloves. She loved all the accessories. I told her if she would let me take a picture of her, I would give her a piece of candy. She gladly agreed and stood still for me. Then I asked her if she would smile, and this is the face she made. So, so funny.



I love this silly, sweet, and sassy little two-year-old. She is just the best. Love you, chicken!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment